Are you passionate about inspiring community access to the pathways of the world and enthusiastic about libraries being more than books? Do you possess boundless energy and wish to be in a position where you can make a difference?
Awapuni Library provides a vibrant, important hub for the local community. This is a stimulating and rewarding senior position requiring a strong commitment to excellent customer service, sound collection management experience, quality leadership skills, and the ability to relate well to a diverse community.
The successful candidate will have:
- A library qualification and relevant experience
- Positive experience operating within the community and in a culturally appropriate manner
- Experience of managing/monitoring budgets
- Experience with Internet, online databases, and other technology
- Knowledge of managing community library collections and resources
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to implement and manage community and library programmes and events
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all sectors of the community
This position is 40 hours per week worked between Monday to Friday, some weekend work may be required from time to time.
Applications close: 11.00 pm, Sunday 24 February 2019
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all those suitably qualified for this position.
|Please click here to download and view this additional information.|